Well, I keep getting this chain mail on Facebook to list 25 things about yourself, whether it be information, goals, funny/ interesting things. I am not such a big fan of chain mail, but the idea of the list itself intrigued me. So, in my own form of compromise, I have decided to put my list on my blog, where it doesnt feel so conformist.
1. Even after more than a year, I am still gripped by moments of disbelief and wonderment that I actually live in Japan. I wonder if I will ever fully grasp that concept.
2. I am addicted to music. You will never see me without my iPod, and I always seem to be humming or singing under my breath. But my taste in music seems to change monthly.
3. I absolutely hate the cold, winter, and all the horrible weather concerning it. How did I manage the majority of my life in NE Ohio? But strangely enough, I love winter accessories and hot beverages.
4. I am planning my eventual move back to the states by matter of seasonal activity. I can never again live anywhere that is colder than Japan, so I will have to be a southern girl.
5. Sometimes I forget how to speak proper English. I can hear things coming out of my mouth that are more suited to Japanese understanding than native speaker understanding. I know I sound strange and sometimes slightly stupid, but I just cannot help myself.
6. I love to quote movies in regular conversation without people realizing it. Its my secret pleasure, but I really love it when people can figure out what Im quoting.
7. I tend to lean on the side of apathy rather than passion. Very rarely do I get worked up about anything, even when its something worth getting worked up for.
8. My room is covered in photographs, but very rarely do I actually take photos. I depend on the kindness of others more than I should in that respect.
9. I am addicted to watching asian dramas and I feel very fortunate that I have found people who dont think this is strange at all, and actually are just as addicted to them as I am. We make recommendations to each other now.
10. I strive every day to live as a strong woman of God. I tend to fall on my face more often than not.
11. Reading is such a huge part of my life, and recently I have discovered the awesomeness of audio books. They really make my commutes fly by.
12. Hanging out in coffee shops, either with friends or by myself, really makes me feel like a grown-up, but I have absolutely no idea why.
13. Someday I want to get my Masters. In what, I am not entirely sure, maybe Linguistics, TESL, or some language.
14. I never expected that I would love teaching as much as I do. I am constantly amazed by my students, especially my kids. I love the laughter, hugs, games, and intelligence of my kids.
15. I like to think of my life as chapters in a book. Sometimes when we finish a chapter, we leave behind stories and characters that we will never return to. But even though the chapter is finished, its memory and impact remains in the remainder of the book.
16. Touch is my love language and I love to touch people. I generally tend to forget a persons gender and touch all people equally. Sometimes it gets me in trouble though.
17. I have a secret desire to be a spy. I sate that desire by reading all kinds of spy novels. I especially like the ones where you have to be knowledgeable about history. Check out Matthew Reilly. His books are great!
18. I have a tendency to overuse exclamation points. Its not that I am always super excited about things. I just cant stop once I get started. I often have to edit my emails so that I seem less jolly.
19. I think there is something exquisetly beautiful about dancing. I love to watch all kinds of dance, and I never tire of it. I would really love to learn hip hop or contemporary.
20. I love animals. I can never choose a favorite, but I tend to favor the predators. This is a bit ironic because I cant really handle the sight of killing or even the thought of killing. I mean, I have to avert my eyes when I watch the Animal Channel, movies, or even when reading books, I will skip over the killing scenes.
21. I could spend hours at the aquarium just watching the fish. There is just something so calming and beautiful about ocean life.
22. I have a lot of acquaintances and few real friends. Its not that I dont like my acquaintances enough to be considered my friends. I just think that the qualifications for real relationships shouldnt be loosely regarded. I would rather have five people that I feel that I could count on no matter what happened than fifty people that I could have fun with.
23. I think my grandma makes the best coffee in the world. I cant figure out whats so great about it, but whenever Im home, I consume pots of it.
24. Sometimes it is a complete mystery to me how Jen and I are such great friends. She is my complete opposite in every way imaginable, and if she were any other person, she would drive me absolutely crazy. But she just gets me and I get her and it works out beautifully.
25. I love watching movies, and my newest recommendation is My Blueberry Nights. The cinematography is stunning.